join ONE DC in celebrating Emancipation Day as together we imagine economic emancipation. Come engage in an evening of community learning, including film, presentations, and discussion around:
- History of Emancipation Day
- Role of economic democracy in Black liberation struggles
- Connection between economics and land
- How our economic emancipation is tied to #BlackLivesMatter
- Worker cooperatives
You'll also hear about opportunities to get more involved in the economic emancipation of DC, such as the Black Workers Center and Worker Coop Learning Journeys.
Food will be served. Please consider bringing a small donation to support ONE DC's financial independence & sustainability. All are welcome!
- April 16, 2015 at 6pm – 8pm
The Potter's House
1658 Columbia Rd NW
Washignton, DC 20009
Google map and directions
- 141 people are going