The DC Black Workers Center is a resident-led space that creates and maintains racial and economic justice through popular education, direct action and the creation of worker-owned alternatives.
The DC Black Workers Center will move beyond traditional workforce development initiatives to become:
- A center for finding and creating dignified Black work and training.
- An incubation space for alternatives to low-wage work such as worker-owned cooperatives.
- A space to openly discuss the intersections of race and work, as well as a space for workers to positively recognize their Blackness.
- An environment to challenge bad employers who exploit, cheat and steal from their workers.
- A popular education space to discuss how to build power among Black workers.
- February 24, 2017 at 5pm – 9pm
Black Workers Center (United Black Fund Building)
2500 Martin Luther King Jr Ave SE
Washington, DC 20001
Google map and directions