We are pleased to invite you to the ONE DC 2020 Annual Membership Meeting. The Annual Membership Meeting is a space for members to guide the vision of ONE DC. The agenda will include:
- Elections for open seats on the ONE DC Shared Leadership Team
- Overview of our 2019 wins & outcomes and goals for 2020
- Community learning exercises on Shared Leadership
- Financial updates
About 2020 Shared Leadership Team Elections
Per our by-laws, ONE DC is governed by a Shared Leadership Team (SLT) made up of appointed and elected board members, other designated ONE DC member-leaders, and ONE DC staff. At the 2020 Annual Membership Meeting, we will hold an election for two open elected positions.
The qualifications for being appointed or elected to the Shared Leadership Team are:
- Be a resident of the District of Columbia,
- Be at least 18 years of age,
- Be a ONE DC member for at least 6 months and current in the payment of membership dues,
- Complete ONE DC leadership and capacity training, and
- Demonstrate commitment to ONE DC’s values, work and mission as demonstrated through an interview process with the Shared Leadership Team.
Click here for more information about the roles and responsibilities of being on the ONE DC Shared Leadership Team. You can nominate yourself or another person by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take nominations from the floor on March 14th.
The ONE DC Annual Membership Meeting is open to the public and all are welcome and encouraged to attend. However, only members whose names appear on the membership list will be eligible to vote in the election and on other matters put before the members for a vote. If you are unsure of your membership status, please contact Claire at email@example.com or 202-232-2915.
2020 Call to Membership
Membership dues are used to build a people's movement funded by the people. They are used to fund membership activities & the ongoing campaigns & projects of ONE DC. Our goal for 2020 is for 250 people to pay their membership dues this year and bring our total membership up to 500!
Click here to pay your dues for 2020.
If you would like to join the planning committee or help with phone banking, outreach, or other volunteer roles for the Annual Meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Annual Membership Meeting will take place at the Thurgood Marshall Center, located at 1816 12th St NW. The Thurgood Marshall Center is located about 2 blocks from the U Street Metro Station and accessible by several bus routes. There is some street parking located nearby and limited parking on-site.