We are pleased to invite you to the ONE DC 2019 Annual Membership Meeting on Saturday, March 23 from 2 to 5 PM. The Annual Membership Meeting is a space for members to guide the vision of ONE DC. The agenda will include:
- Elections for two open seat on the ONE DC Shared Leadership Team
- Overview of our 2018 wins & outcomes and goals for 2019
- Community learning exercises on Shared Leadership
- Financial updates
About 2019 Shared Leadership Team Elections
Per our by-laws, ONE DC is governed by a Shared Leadership Team (SLT) made up of appointed and elected board members, other designated ONE DC member-leaders, and ONE DC staff. At the 2019 Annual Membership Meeting, we will hold an election for two (2) open elected positions.
The qualifications for being appointed or elected to the Shared Leadership Team are:
- Be a resident of the District of Columbia,
- Be at least 18 years of age,
- Be a ONE DC member for at least 6 months and current in the payment of membership dues,
- Complete ONE DC leadership and capacity training, and
- Demonstrate commitment to ONE DC’s values, work and mission as demonstrated through an interview process with the Shared Leadership Team.
Click here for more information about the roles and responsibilities of being on the ONE DC Shared Leadership Team. You can nominate yourself or another person by sending an email to email@example.com and we will take nominations from the floor on March 23rd. If you are interested in learning more, please contact SLT member Nicole Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-232-2915.
The ONE DC Annual Membership Meeting is open to the public and all are welcome and encouraged to attend. However, only members whose names appear on the membership list will be eligible to vote in the election and on other matters put before the members for a vote. If you are unsure of your membership status, please contact Claire at email@example.com or 202-232-2915.
2019 Call to Membership
Membership dues are used to build a people's movement funded by the people. They are used to fund membership activities & the ongoing campaigns & projects of ONE DC. Our goal for 2018 is for 250 people to pay their membership dues this year and bring our total membership up to 500!
Click here to pay your dues for 2019.
If you would like to join the planning committee or help with phone banking, outreach, or other volunteer roles for the Annual Meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location Information - TBA
Looking forward to seeing you on March 23rd!
- March 23, 2019 at 2pm – 5pm
2427 MLK Jr Ave SE
Washington, DC 20020
Google map and directions