Colin Stragar-Rice rsvped for ONE DC Member Appreciation Event on Facebook 2017-12-05 00:07:50 -0500
Member Appreciation is our annual end-of-year event to celebrate the wins, actions, and accomplishments of our members, donors, supporters, & volunteers. All ages welcome. There will be music, food, speakers, and a special awards ceremony. Long-time members and new supporters are welcome!WHENDecember 16, 2017 at 5pmWHEREThurgood Marshall Center
1816 12th St NW
Washington, DC 20001
Google map and directions
Colin Stragar-Rice donated 2017-03-22 19:49:42 -0400
ONE DC membership dues are $20 per year for members living in Washington, DC. Membership dues are used to fund membership activities & the ongoing campaigns & projects of ONE DC. Payment of membership dues in installments is accepted.
As a ONE DC member, I have the right to:
- Gain and Share Knowledge by participating in free workshops to cultivate political organizing knowledge and skills.
- Exercise my Power for Positive Change! ONE DC members are key supporters of ONE DC by taking our message of equity to others and supporting our campaigns for housing, income, and wellness.
- Exercise Our Collective Strength by joining a movement for racial, economic, and social justice.
As a ONE DC member, I pledge to:
- Take it to the Streets by taking action for One Right to Housing, One Right to Income, and One Right to Wellness.
- Each One Teach One! Participate in leadership development workshops.
- Participate with ONE DC by attending monthly campaign and member meetings; join in our actions that demonstrate our collective power; Freedom Schools; and other community gatherings.
- Make Our Voices Heard! Attend the annual meeting to share ideas, and strategize ways to advance the work.
- Build a Stronger DC! Volunteer each month to do work that supports ONE DC’s campaigns, fundraising, or social networking.
- Pay Annual Membership Dues! Dues are $20 per year for DC residents, $50 per year for those living outside of DC, and $500 per year for organizational members.
Colin Stragar-Rice wants to volunteer 2016-07-07 14:07:44 -0400
Ella Baker, our movement ancestor, once said, "strong people don't need strong leaders." When ONE DC is led by strong people -- our members, volunteers, & supporters -- we are more powerful. By bringing your time and talents to a particular campaign or committee, you move us forward. Below you will find a list of our immediate needs. We also welcome other ideas! Become a volunteer